[D-G] Zizek and Jameson

Tancredo Neto tanbra at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 09:58:40 PST 2010

Hi.
I agree with the message about the propaganda of Zizek's book, the spam. It
all turns out to Zizek and Lacan, as always, probably.
And Jameson is an 'interesting' case. In his book about Brecht he says that
Barthes book about photography is, maybe, the best of Barthes' books. But he
does not mention that Barthes makes a short but devastating criticizing of
Brecht in this book.
Well, I think intellectual honesty would deserve some comments on the
Barthes' sentence about Brecht. So Jameson doesn't stand out as a secure
mark of intellectual quality to support Zizek's writings, since he makes
some strange omissions at strategical points...
All best,
Tan