[D-G] Fw: New Journal / Call for Papers. "Semiophagy: Journal ofPataphysics and Existential Semiotics

hwenk hwenk at web.de
Fri Jan 9 11:34:11 PST 2009

Dear group,

the second link
http://www.elsevier.com/wps/locate/emospa

goes to another journal, "emotion of space".

The cite of Thousand  Plateaus in
http://www.semiophagy.com
shows that word-ingestion is meant, which is
something like my second interpretation below.

The title "Patpaphysik" is from Jarry,  french literat and written  pretty
young, not a physicist as one may expect.
"Existential" semiotics (the science of signs in a very general sense,
with Umberto Eco as most prominent scholar), sounds very
interesting too.

semiophag reminds of bacteriophag - which in turn
gives a "a parallel evolution" wit our "mind" rhizome as
bacteophafg induces sickness, maybe a parallel evolution and an
improvement of the immune system.

But the titlemakers  may have had more the more brute and direct
association of intellectuals in mind,
reading a lot of books and thereby "eating a lots of signs"
or semiotics - like a phagocyte.

Eating semiotics is probably more common now, because
mass media, as invoked by Deluze for the cinema, are full of signs
and semiotics to.

Greetings Harald Wenk