[D-G] Affect

Jan Ekkelenkamp scene2003 at ananzi.co.za
Sat Apr 25 08:23:34 PDT 2009

Dear Susan,

>  but I still have
>  questions which I'd be grateful for feedback on. If
>  affect is the 'ceaseless
>  variation of being' that Spinoza describes how do I make
>  that intelligible?
>  How
>  does one understand 'the force of existing or the power
>  of acting' that
>  Deleuze
>  attributes to affect?

Ceaseless is the key word you are looking for.The
ceaselessness of affect is a force of being attributable to
a constant varaition of forces acting on the forces.It
follows that the power, of acting, is the power coming from
those forces which are experienced as affect. The force of
existing/existence results from that, in such a way that
being varies. Concomittantly, so does the force of existing
as such. The intelligibilty then speaks for itself,
automatically, so to speak.

  I hopes this helps you with the ascertaining of a sort of
defintion u were looking for. There is a certain shortcut
in mixing Spinoza with Foucault easily however, in my
*Cartesian* opinion.

Jan Yves Ekkelenkamp