[D-G] Close reading : Bergson's conception of difference [1 paragraph]

hwenk hwenk at web.de
Fri Oct 17 12:51:57 PDT 2008

Dear Filip and -m,

Filip, I don't have the article of Deleuze on Bergson present, only his book
on Bergson.
Do you want to read it longer, then I seek for a copy.

I like to emphasize, that elementary particle physics
has a static model of matter.

The interesting thing maybe
1) That the strong and weak interaction forces
     act only on very short distances, they are no fields,
    which go to infinity.
    These forces are handled by QuantumChormoDynamiocs.
    The actual given Nobel Prize is for the enlargement
    theory of Higgs Boson, a field made responsible for
    the masses  of the matter in the nucleon of the atom.

   This irregularity, gravity and especially electromagnetism undoubtly
   continuous fields, destroys the direct approach to go through differences
   of field back into the nucleon to get the differences of the atoms,
    especially the essential or difference of nature between different
chemical element atoms, substances.
   Therefore, the atoms build a strata and we have no straightforward
   from micro (her more nano) to macro by adding simply infinite different
fields.

   A degree is a degree of a quality already,
   an intensity of a quality, possible to express in quantitative numbers.

   This all is the famous  "Quantity-Quality"
    issue,   well known from Hegel's first part of logic.
   There is the famous jump from quantity to quality.
    Here, the strata model and the greater knowledge of the
    Nano world and electromagnetic fields has made the ontological
categorical  progress possible.

    In my eyes Deleuze is very very abstract concerning ontological
categories.
    Therefore it is indispensable to go through various, no to simple
    examples in order  to make oneself clear the scope and the depth of the
ontological categories.

   Like Nietzsche said "Slippery ice, a paradise for he who can dance"!
   But if you are not so experienced with slippery ice.....

greetings Harald Wenk