[D-G] Close reading : Bergson's conception of difference[1 paragraph]

hwenk hwenk at web.de
Wed Oct 8 12:19:45 PDT 2008

Hello filip,

There are three examples:
1)
Atoms "graded" (ordered  as degree)
by atom weights, as in the table of chemical elements. They are  of
different nature.

2) Two daughter bacteria of a mother bacteria have the same "kind" and/or
"nature".
  2a) Human twins,  occurring in the introduction of "Difference and
Repetition as a "repetition as existence" of a notion.

3) The  air with different temperate in degrees in two rooms of the same
shape and size.

4) The repetition of a identical  lyric may have a different degree of
intensity.
    Remark, that for Deleuze you have some kind of subject or producer role
as a singularity of the thing repeated.
    Maybe the intensity of a feeling is the singularity of a repetition,
"producing"  the situation for the "re"feeling.

The critique of Deleuze on Bergson's critique on intensity is on page 307 of
the French issue of "Difference and repetition."
in Chapter 5,  "Differences of essences and differences of intensities" - It
is a bit elaborated.

greetings Harald Wenk

PS: I am very pleased  to hear something  of you again.
      You are cured in the meantime from your sickness?