[Deleuze-Guattari] waffling, again...

martin hardie martin.hardie at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 00:47:50 PDT 2007

On 09/09/07, james <spatium at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I might write clumsily to some of these posts one at a time:
>
> Martin,
>
> I see your point, and agree that it is important to recognize we read
> D&G in manners befitting our our "type".  And yes, the list does seem
> to have many posters who extend the line by way of zigs and zags, and
> even breaks.  I think that it is these points where the line breaks
> that makes it somewhat challenging for "the second type" to get a word
> in edgewise.  I wonder if we might theorize a third type, the first
> becoming the second and vice-versa, in a kind of diagonal?  This, at
> least, might open doors to a wider variety of "commentary".

I like the idea of the third type, I feel like I am there myself sometimes

Also interested in doing some 'home work' - De Landa is interesting, I am
finding the Bogue book very good, especially his stuff on nomadology and the
refrain. At the moment what I am playing with are aspects of nomadology (who
are the nomads today and where can they go?) and the refrain as being the
'original' 'big bang' of the law - in such a case what can we take from
indigenous 'law' and how can we use it today in the state of exception ...?
I am picking up both of these themes to one deal with the Australian
Aboriginal art work I have done as a lawyer and to contextualise and
organise in my head the psicosis that currently grips professional cycling
as it shifts from a local to a global economy .... (all that by way of
explanation)

So for me talking around these issues is more useful than reading poetry (I
like poetry ....  I also have an urge to turn the Vicenes lectures into a
novel ..) but at the moment if i want to read some 'deleuzian' prose or
poetry I am reading Fernando Pessoa.

having said that I am not asking anyone to desist, just that some others
start up!

besos a todos

Martin
--
# "I feel more like I do right now than I have done all day" #

#+34 666519359 #

auskadi.mjzhosting.com

auskadi.mjzhosting.com/footy.jpg