[D-G] desire - conatus - lacan - spinoza - deleuze

filip fildh at gmx.net
Mon May 7 16:32:22 PDT 2007

hello,

first of all thank you for your reply.

1)i do think that la chose is connected with obsessive choice, i have
never hear it as a synonym,
but the obsessive character of la chose is present. I will find out how
exactly la chose connects with
obsession. i know that lacan writes about it in his 7th seminar.

yes your reply is correct, that is exactly my question.

2)thanx so much for the hint. I will read chapter two.
i have seen it: it is in in the first subchapter: a devalutaion of
consiousness.

this is close to something else : it was on descartes that spinoza react.
for descartes the affects of the body disturb the soul. So descartes
wanted to purify ideas
from bodily affects. he was searching for ways that the soul can get
power over the body.
But within spinoza there is no causal interaction between the body and
spirit. so this
is completely not the case for spinoza.  (just adressing it for whom it
might interest)
spinoza's parrallism : spirit and body as expression of the one substance.

3)it is fantastic that experiments back up the theory of spinoza.
like a math professor me ones told: experiments and examples
are the things that are important in explaining something.

friendly greetings filip