[D-G] Deleuze, electronic music and Deleuzian theory of body

Christopher Moreno c20moreno at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 10:03:40 PDT 2007

Hello,

For my PHD, I am cultivating an ethnographic expression or schizo
ethnography on what I am calling the Deleuzional Geographies of drug
addiction, treatment, and recovery. I am  drawing largely from the works of
Deleuze and Guattari's and their notion of a drug using assemblages,
Intensive fields, the fold, and black hole spaces. He and Guattari has
written some in TP on drug using assemblages as well as in Deleuze's Two
Regimes of Madness, titled "Two Questions on Drugs."

For me, I am particularly interested in exploring a Deleuzian notion of body
change connected to Drug Addiction and Recovery. So I sort of enjoy thinking
about the connections between his ideas and Spinoza's ideas on the body and
affect as well as his and Bergson's notion of difference and D and G notion
of space. Anyway. It may be that we have some similar areas of interest and
should talk. Peta Malins recently has done some work on drugs using Deleuze.

Maybe some of you have some ideas or comments on any of this material or
other.

Take Care,

--
Christopher Moreno