[D-G] indulgence and freedom

hwenk hwenk at web.de
Fri Mar 16 03:43:44 PDT 2007

Hello Paul,

For short, if it comes also in the realm of criminality,
I tend to say No.

The other side of freedom is indeed, that so many people are
making advices and giving orders without taking any care of your free
choice,
that an instinctive defence of freedom is incorporated in almost everybody,
especially when you are young,
with some right. The argument of misuse is misused itself very often.

But I think that we have a lot more possibilities than earlier generations
and
earlier generations, the one which had its youth in the 60, 70ies(like me)
or 80ies had already
made more bad experiences with drugs.

It looks like an easy way of getting more intensities, but young people have
intensive feelings
without drugs already. It is  a kind of wasting a lot of power. But there is
a lot of power and sensibility - that is the very good news.
This is very often invested in music, active and passive, poetry arts, films
and in human relations - especially love affairs. This has been often the
case and is still in leisure classes.

The more freedom, the free time and powers you have are "the line of
flight".
Where is real liberation which is stable and during and build up piece b
piece a happy life.

Here we got the problem of the Anti-Oedipe. On the one hand there should be
freedom and on the other hand there should be
some e more or less simple orientations or directions
of behaviour and thinking which would enable a living which is healthy and
make the sensibility something real.
You act and feel more sensible and in the long run also the institutions
and the circumstances become more human and fine.
This of course without suppression, but with motivation of efforts and
avoiding dangers, which are of course there.

I cannot say that I am too satisfied with the anti-Oedipe in this respects.
Often I learned much more from literature, indeed Kafka and Proust and
Nietzsche, also from
Marx and Spinoza, what good and fine and sensible thinking and feeling is.
Even if it is boring classical, also Dostojewskij is sometimes really fine.

The fresh drive of something new and liberation, especially concerning
sexual questions - supported by the new anti-baby pill - has also inspired
the success
of Deleuze and Guattari, who tried to make a new style of living of the
liberation
in the late 60ies.
But as Marcuse had put it: "Freedom from something" is only the half
"freedom to something .. " is also important.
So we are not longer imprisoned by suppressive moral codes.

So, you are sensible enough without drugs and enhancing by enhancing the
abilities of the body
by bodily activities, like yoga and sports (yoga is much more intelligent
and
gives far more better and far reaching effects concerning also the stability
of the nervous system) is.

If there are desires, there are very good, fine, healthy and social
compatible things
to satisfy them.

The older generation is much more generous now than the one we had.

greetings Harald Wenk