[D-G] viaggio in cosmo ./ owl/*

.+oot2PM boogie dr.crawboney at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 13:54:04 PST 2006

Accidentally injecting cockroach rna into my babytoe and falling down
asleep on the mexican-texas border with a domino pizza box covering my
face. Sunlight. It will take a long time to get home again; the mice
will have to complete the studies w/o my assistance for now, but I
trained them as best I could, I'm sure they'll get around to splicing
those fancy Italian viruses with some fashionable gucci desert
eyewear. I just hope the parallel mexican govt will allow me to
re-enter the US as a parallel citizen before the next shipment of
experimental virus arrives from Milan.... just need to make sure that
I have more fun then the zombiefied mice do...

So, here are the links that I found to Daniel Quinn's books-on-tape
which deal with student-to-guru relationships, forbidden fruit, Man
vs. Nature, difference of good and evil, tribalism, talking monkeys,
spiritual therapy, pseudo-marxist concepts of surplus value, God's
choice between cain & able, tillers vs herders, overpopulation, future
evolution of mankind, etc....  I am tempted to draw some of the
parallels between Deleuze's rhyzomatic cosmology and Quinn's narrative
since there are some very obvious relationships (Re:
megamachine=myth), but not now, I will try to hold back here (esp
Quinn's the main hinge of folding...) These 2 books came out in '92
and '96, anti-hero grunge years, and its great to finally listen
(thats one of the nice things about not using one's own head-voice to
consume literature, becoming more critical listener, zone out a bit,
and reflect some, simultaneously - which is good for syncing with my
1st personal chronos and finding difference between my own BwO and the
2nd voice of text, what's the dif.?).

As we have been talking for some time about stuffing
philosophical/informational messages inside turkey narrative
structures (Re: Oedipal lamb sacrifice) I have since gotten around to
consuming some of Quinn's books which are perfect examples of this.
They are not truly mythological stories (a la J.Campbell) but instead
they deal with yardbird epics, non-mythological characters, ordinary
yolks, who are swept into this modern tapestry of
forgotten/forbidden/unknowable mythology. Again, modern man is caste
as "supposed" to be ignorant in a hinduistic  way... why is it? is
this a "fictional" narrative device? But what if its a fictional
device for a not fictional narrative?) Anyway, for these types of
characters the spiritual journey is a totally mystery experience that
requires multiple steps of enlightenment and self-discovery.... like a
1930s detective novel, good for building plot tension, but isn't the
narrative-rock there to serve the information-blood, not visa versa?)
Quinn briefly addresses mythological action in terms of pyramid meme
dissemination but his focus is consumed on the mythological
realization part of this journey; dont let me ruin it with
blah-blah...

Quinn_Ishmael_Disk1.zip
50MB / 96kbps mp3
The download link is: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5arnvj