[D-G] viaggio in cosmo ./ corrected ending of this first part

adline vanlindenbergh bisouxnoursfast at fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 18 09:02:06 PST 2006

please read this one with proper ending so far
the problem is they talk so much, i think to do inserts during the time
so they are not seen transfixed.
On Sat, 18 Nov 200
Part 1: Viaggio in Cosmo, by Roberto Rosselini as the Owl
Title: An Ecclipse
DAY. In a blue key room in downtown Vancouver, the Owl and six actors:
Havah, Adama, Lilith, Filya Houtman, Bart Twains & Walt Disney

Rosselini as an Owl, flying around the six actors sitting on a sofa. His
eyes are recording what he is gazing at. We are getting to see through
his eyes. He recedes to one side of the blue room. Lilith stands up and
approaches the window bay, using her two hands as telescope.

					LILITH
                       The Planet Gulliver is obscuring the star
			of Slumberland. Contact with the Mirroring
 Past is rapidly arising. The Ecclipse

					ADAMA
			Make sure everybody in this room
			remembers how to stay awake.

Rosselini makes a complete turn and shouts “Music!” to the sound
engeneer. A radio is turned on, a faint radio noise eshews.

					ADAMA
			By all means resist the sound of the powerful
                    Cosmo radios! They can numb you out of activity.

					ROSSELINI
			Now everyone start digging the ground while
			Filya comes here

Actors raise up and begin to move blue painted clothes from a big heave
next to the sofa and scatter them all around the room. Rosselini is
filming
with his two eyes. Then he gets impatient.

					  ROSSELINI
			Filya, what are you waiting for?

Filya was distracted. She crosses the distance between her and Rosselini
on the other side of the room. She is filmed by Rosselini’s eyes in
close shot. She speaks in a microphone that she handles herself.

FILYA HOUTMAN
			Roberto Rosselini reappeared among us
			in the eternal present passing and becoming.
Shaped in feathers of an owl, his eyes films
6 actors he has casted to
			play in his new movie: Viaggio in Cosmo.

- Mister Rosselini, can you tell the audience what
			are you doing in the gait of an owl?

					ROSSELINI
                       Let me answer you in the form of a riddle:
                       Today’s art
                   becomes each day more childish. Everybody has
                     the mad desire to be the most childish possible.
                 I don’t say ingenuous, I say childish. By childishness
                      we have fallen to the lowest end of the human
                      ladder.
                    We have passed to the antropomorphic ape. We soon
             will be passed to the owl and to the eel. That’s what
              makes me angry! This total lack of shame.

				  FILYA
		But this is more or less what you said to Fereydoun
             Hoveyda and Eric Rhomer in Cahiers du Cinéma of 1963.
             What  have you been doing since 1977, the year you
                              disappeared?

				ROSSELINI
			Death is only a concept. I as Roberto Rosselini
you see, am dead. Yet I am right now surviving death as an owl thru my
artworks, in the eternal return zone that I am about to show you. And I
want to revive this longing for life on earth by working with
contemporaneous actors and talk in such a new movie about the posthumous
activity of the artist.

Filya passes to the side. Rosselini watches the actors still carrying
clothes “digging the ground”. His focus calibrates and the blue of the
room and of the clothes leaves way to a different landscape.

Title: IN ETERNAL RETURN ZONE. Night. Some of the actors are appearing,
as holographic sculptures digging the ground in an archeological
settlement. As holographic characters gradually uncover the ground and
discover the sculpture of two lovers caught intertwined by the Vesuvio’s
lava, Rosselini on a branch of an olive tree meditates, his own voice
reciting:

				ROSSELINI
		What is touching, is the weakness of mankind.
		It is not man’s force. In modern life, man has
		lost all heroic feeling about life. It must be brought
		back to him, since man is a hero. The daily life
		struggle, is a heroic struggle. In order to paint
		this, one must start from the bottom.

The stone of lava around the two lovers crackles and two orang-outangs
monkeys emerge the archeological remains of Pompeï.

			   INGRID BERGMAN
		Nothing has changed since Roberto’s movie.
		All is the same, exeption made of our
                  body. Antropomorphic Monkeys

				GEORGE SANDERS
                 What should we do? To carry on Viaggio in Italia?
		Where is Roberto?

				ROBERTO ROSSELINI
		It’s him in this owl. You are in fact casted in
                   the eternal return zone: to play there your
		own role: Ingrid Bergman and George Sanders
                           In a new movie called Viaggio in Cosmo

Ingrid is astonished. Other monkeys are excavated out of human
sculptures by the holographic characters. The ruins are covered with
antique paintings.

				INGRID BERGMAN
		Do you have a mirror?

Filya holograph gives her a small miror. Ingrid powders her nose.

				INGRID BERGMAN (asking George)
		Are we still husband and wife?

				GEORGE SANDERS
		Ask Roberto. But I would prefer to keep intact
		 our work in the original Viaggio in Italya.

Other monkeys gather around the couple.
				OTHER MONKEY
			Who’s gonna watch this movie?
			Sure Roman slaves ought not to
			be portrayed as less evoluted a specie
			than the modern day spectators, right?

				INGRID BERGMAN
		Personnaly I do mind equally about this new outlook.
		I feel I would need to talk in private with Roberto.

Roberto Rosselini flyes to an other place, Ingrid follows him there.
ROSSELINI
			What do you have on the skull Ingrid. Tell it all.

					INGRID BERGMAN
			I fear we could destroy what we achieved in the past

					ROBERTO ROSSELINI
			But the trouble is our past work has been already partly
                     destroyed by the lack of courage in new generations
                     of
                     artists. We must restart with the perspective in
                     mind that
                   the Cosmos is not always evolutive in the good sense
                   for
                                                mankind.

					INGRID BERGMAN
			Why have we become orang-outangs?

					ROBERTO ROSSELINI
			Because we have sacrificed our human development
			on the altar of a vilifying subjectivation. Modern day
			audiences are not capable to understand us otherwise.

					INGRID BERGMAN
			Is Cinema a zoo?

					ROBERTO ROSSELINI
			We must confront this possibility. But as I said earlier
				we should look for the possibilities of liberation
			immanent to this new condition on Earth. That is the
				purpose of such a movie as “Viaggio In Cosmo”.

The six holographic actors approach Rosselini.

					WALT DISNEY
			Bobby. With Bart we have tried to come back to the
			blue room, but it seems we are blocked in this
                                            “dimension”.

					BART TWAINS

So we have explored the area. It seems pretty much uncertain with the
Vesuvio frightening the monkeys, always on the brink of a new scandalous
eruption.

		OTHER MONKEY 2
Bart Twains and Walt Disney are right about one thing,
we are not protected from the volcano. So we will go
mount an expedition to the archives database to cover Pompeï with
shields props from the Death Star movies.

                BART TWAINS
No need to mount an expedition, I have the files, you just have to
upload the shields into the image properties of the antiquities.

Bart Twains gives materials to the monkeys, who start building a steel
city above the ruins of Pompeï.

					INGRID BERGMAN

Roberto who are the monkeys, for you, in your storyworld?

		ROBERTO ROSSELINI

   			Someone said monkeys are for humans a burst of
                       laughter or a hurting shame.    But look at me:
                            I am an owl, and thus a creature of the
                            night
                             or of the Ecclipse. Thus my past life, my
				past philosophy is not convenient for me
                            anymore. I do movies that are not for
                            humans.

					INGRID BERGMAN
			To be dead for such a long time, and to awaken in the
			gait of animal is making me so instable. I am longing
                            to reestablish contact with the human actors
                            of
                          any set, I find it absurd the monkeys should
                             behave as slaves and build a city over the
                             ruins of
                                  Pompeï.

					ROBERTO ROSSELINI
		Ingrid, were you to have any significant role in my new movie,
			you would be a bridge between species, but probably
                          more between
 something happening between an
                          owl
                  and a monkey could well seed, escaping to the
                  condition
                             of existing monkeys and possibly existing
                             owls
                            in a steel armoured city?

					INGRID BERGMAN
                        I was trying to figure it all why were humans
                     shaped holographically in this movie, and I just
                     got it:
                           there are strong doubts casted here against
                           the
                           viability of staying wholly oneself in such
                           an
                             enslavering  environment. They use the
                             holographs as
                                 protective shields.

					ROBERTO ROSSELINI
                      Yes, but doubts, mind you: no definitive
                      conclusion. What
                       would humans look like once gazed at by the
                       perception of
                 external wild animals, that we still need to become by
                 the
                way, what could such humans look like: or reversedly
                what are
              we, as we are watched by such all encompassing human eye,
                 as much technologically powered would he have evolved
                 so
                                                     far.

					INGRID BERGMAN
			Enough talking. Now let’s bring our ideas to live!
--
  adline vanlindenbergh
  bisouxnoursfast at fastmail.fm