[D-G] deleuze and benjamin on violence

hwenk hwenk at web.de
Tue Mar 28 04:11:41 PST 2006

Hello,

it is a little bit curious that you totally neglect,
that in doing violence there is almost always
someone who is seriously hurted, wounded or even killed.
Therefore  there is a barrier in almost all people
which makes them hesitate or trying to avoid it.
This is very direct related  to the wish to be not hurted oneself and to
regard the other as in certain ranges as similar.
Psychological then we have normally identification.
To be honest, this point is missing in your discussion of pure violence.
This is done without any real argument and thus very unexpected.
This is the reason why I resist so much on this basics, as I got
the impression there is  much carelessness concerning the
real and painful suffering of the victims of pure violence.
And this is in an intellectual advanced and dedicated to freedom
and liberation discourse under academic educated or moralistic or political
thinking people more than puzzling.

Thus every more elaborated discourse allowing pure violence
has a very strong burden to carry.

The avoidance of violence comes from a  kind of general love or passion or
solidarity with
the other people living on this earth.
Therefore a discourse allowing pure violence has to
involve a lot of affects. The only general accepted
reason is self-defence, which is present in almost every
justification for violence coming from official institutions.

As I tried to point out, even riots or revolutions are related to this,
as they try to keep the right of happiness which in its actual form is taken
be granted. The argumentation concerning the wish of almost all members
to safety and the exclusion of pure violence explains
why this pure violence in general nowadays fails and falls back
to the violaters.

There are in developed western democracies enough critical intellectuals and
other
possibilities to express and to defend the rights and needs of the people.
So, pure violence nowadays in inner democratic conflicts are
almost always harmful and mostly to explain by
uncontrolled affects - most prominent revenge and impatience.
This is a variant of "to narrow" pursuing one's interests.

There is also no justification pointing to the very complicated questions
around schizophrenia - which is  actual  some kind of collective noun.
As I tried to express several times, most of them are very moralistic and
intellectual minded.
"We didn't see a schizophrenic until now" - said Deleuze and Guattari in the
Anti-Oedipe.

AS you know, mystical discourses and passions are almost totally ruled
by the passion of love, so there is no justification of pure violence
coming from this discourse.

greetings Harald Wenk