[D-G] Archives

Liza Kozner liza_kozner at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 16:35:37 PST 2006

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 09:14 +1030 (CST)
From: "LORD, Robert" <lord-AT-qnt1.santos.com.au>
Subject: incorporeal

I have completed a manuscript, and am seeking to find a publisher.  The
proposed title of the work is "Incorporeal", and consists basically of two
parts, a theoretical part developing Deleuze and Guattari's theories and a
part which applies these theories (in a more or less way) in a fictional
context.  The four theoretical pieces ("The Prisoners Cannot See the Walls",
"Fervent Machines", "Rhizomatic Ontologies" and "A Thousand Tiny Sexes") are
interweaved between the fictional pieces.  The complete length of the work
is approximately 35000 words, the theoretical comprising approximately 20500
and the fictional approximately 14500 words.  None of the work has been
published elsewhere and all of the work is my own.  This manuscript has been
shortlisted by another publisher, but at present it appears unlikely that
they will have sufficient funds to publish it.

Throughout the writing process it has been the intention to approach the
difficult task of offering to the reader, a not too complicated introduction
to Deleuze and Guattari's concepts such as; Bodies without Organs, rhizomes,
deterritorialization, multiplicity, becomings, a thousand tiny sexes and so
forth.  The work includes a Deleuzoguattarian analysis of the German
industrial band, Einstrzende Neubauten, and an application and development
of Deleuze and Guattari's theories in the framework of developing
contributions to post-structuralist feminism.  The section on feminism
points in core, to women writers such as Kathy Acker, Patti Smith and Anna
Kavan as exemplifying what Deleuze and Guattari term "becoming woman".  Also
included is an appendix which includes a listing of feature length films and
selected musicians of special interest.  The fictional component is less
describable, but it sits alongside other writers such as Gira, Kathy Acker,
Burroughs, Ballard, Artaud and so forth.

In the instance that you may be interested in publishing this work please
reply to me in Australia at lord-AT-qnt1.santos.com.au, and I will gladly
forward to you a copy of the complete text (preferably on disk). Genuine
enquires only.

Regards
Robert Lord

    [input]

>This has really got me thinking, and it seems that in one sense this is
precisely the point of schizoanalysis (and marxist political economy):  lack
is not natural -- it's a fiction, a production, just as much as consumption.
Deleuze and Guattari call this "a pure fiction, a cosmic swindle" (A-O, 230).

Isn't this also the point of Ivan Illich..... While in the process of translating a brief draft on what our approach
has been to perhaps clarify more our query, am sorry to say that here we
have not had a chance to hear of Ivan Illich, would you forward any
material you may have available?
end
jdalvarez-AT-sinectis.com.ar

I am passing between 1998 & 1997 and stumbled these two important discussions. It would please me had we the time to review them before publixction.
  Best

  Thanks to let me know

  Liza