[D-G] deleuze and benjamin on violence

Rumagin at aol.com Rumagin at aol.com
Tue Feb 28 10:16:38 PST 2006

I like where you go with this.

In an aisde about Benjamin - he was a German Jew on the run from the Nazis who, as i have been told committed suicide in 1940 on the border of Spain/France - his intersections with Capitalism, the War Machine, The State and suicide are infinitely prodcutive not least because he presents the individuals persepctive/experience on the implosion of life under the the combinations of varied projects as knowledge not belief. As he would have been fond to point out and as Arendt notes in the introduction to Illuminations, there is a correlation between a thought, a street scene, a speculation on the stock market, the War Machine's non minoritarian position with the hidden line/connection/flow/plug/coupling (s) that holds them together.

Please continue with the war machine stuff - it seems very pertinent. One question i am interested in is how Virilio's war machine plays into this space you are exploring?