[D-G] how many sides does a piece of string have?

shathley Q swordschool at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:23:10 PST 2006

how many lions does it take to fill an empty cave?

well there;s a right way and a wrong way to go about it. we need to know how
big the average lion is. we need to know about the cave.

heck if we went down to the river lion's union on 18th, local 149, you know
the one, we could get some actual lions. who come in very specific
dimensions, we could contract a location scout to find a presentable
savannah cave. we'd know exactly how many lions then.

of course we'd have to have a crew on standby, and medical, catering, with
an on-staff toxicologist. someone from legal of course. someone to talk to
the studio, someone to talk to the network. I know this really great guy,
director, I'm sure youve seen his work before, its... there's a word for
it... polymimetic.

trouble is he only hires young women interns between the ages of 17 and 29.
he tell's me life's too short. we'd have to have legal look things over,
simmer down the activist groups.

oh and the lions. I forgot about the lions, we'd definitely need them. I get
things rolling the minute you sign. and we'll wrap things in about two
weeks, not much longer than that.

or you could go the other way entirely - it takes just one lion. after that
the cave aint empty no more.

second answer's all about treating the cave and the emptiness qualitatively.
its a rationalistic response to the world. we theorize about what a cave is,
about what a lion is, about what constitutes empty. and then without
evidentiary procedures we move as if our theory can safely stand in for
reality.

--
'The night can make a man more brave but not more sober... what are men but
chariots of rage, by demons driven?'  --- Alan Moore, Saga of the Swamp