[D-G] beyond psychiatry

Julia Barclay julia at flyingoutofsequence.org
Mon Feb 6 05:33:24 PST 2006

As to this, I think Guattari is most valuable to you in that he was a
psychoanalyst (though not a psychiatrist, it's true), and I believe his
concern was that the philosophical ramblings Worked somehow...but this is
also why I've not mentioned Eugene Gendlin, as he is still alive and working
and engaged in both psychology and philosophy.
If you haven't read Laing yet, definitely do so, as I'm pretty sure he was a
psychiatrist (but could be wrong here).
best, Julia