[D-G] Deleuze Also personal threatened by Lebanese train-terrorists attack in Cologne

hwenk hwenk at web.de
Tue Aug 22 06:18:32 PDT 2006

Hello .+oot7AM martini,

In my eyes identification is not settled,
changing email adresses make
wanted emails under the original address
more unlikely to be treated properly.
And senseless or working with enigmatic associations emails
are in my eyes impolite, academic or not.

I like to speak and write in a sense full way,
and I also like to communicate in a sense full way.

For to communicate is to share something, based on understanding,
which in turn is based and "cards open on the table".

In the Lebanese conflict some people at least sympathizing with the
Hisbollah found it necessary
to place a bomb in a very full fast train in mail station in Cologne - 60 km
from the town I am living in.
I sat in such a train from Cologne for almost three years and even now the
probability to sit in
one of these trains (ICE) is still very high.

So I feel a little bit personal attacked, also by psycholgical
identification with other train users -
here in Germany and elsewhere.
Here in my eyes the arguments which I told of the security as virtue of the
state
of Spinoza from
the "pure violence" mails apply.

THE INTELLECTUALS AND THE READING OF DELEUZE AND GUATTARI:

What you say of intellectuals is the other way round, for the most them
the reading of Deleuze and Guattar is more frustrating as a way back
to own experiences and other current terminologies
 - even the abundant known to them -
is not to find.

To avoid this frustration and to enable a fruitful reading,
also a change of former reading into understanding, is one of the reasons
why I am writing in this list.
Maybe also by reading the mails in the archives.
In my eyes this one part of this list "raison d'etre" -
that is what her name and her obivious setting
expect her to be.
Maybe your - as it looks like - not very high opinion of intellectuals is
based
on even that frustarting reading,
also coming through the experience with others.

TO TAKE SIDE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF POWER (FOUCAULT):

Even if you see things that you have "To take side on the other side of
power.."
as Foucault put it, it is very wise and clever to
use the intelligence of people that help you there.
This had also been done by Foucault himself,
whose writings are also full of
 requirements of intellectual education in order
to understand them.
As he changes or not often his methodolgy and themes,
a lot of professional intellectuals are trying to put the reading of
Foucault to a
simpler to understand level.
"Les mots et les choses" was
declared by Foucault
to be not understood fully by himself in later times.

Also I must remember that he was strongly engaged in the case "Rivere",
a juristical doubtly criminal case, who was set free on grounds of that
campaign.
Rievere had nothing better to do than comitting the next crime
as soon as he was set free.
Foucault said: "What did you expect from a habitual criminal?".

As this man knew that a lot of people supported him, I had expected some
hesitation concerning crimes,
and instead using his popularity and personal relations due to the campaign
for him to get
some legal income.

But what should Foucault said instead?

LOOKING FOR ACTION

That is, if some people are always looking for
actions. The outcome on some liberations in the third world,
especially Cambodcha and Iran - made a
naive supporting of such movements also a little bit doubtful.
Nicaragua maybe, just because there is also sometimes and somtimes not
a conserative gouvernment, which is the reality
of a functoning democracy on its own.
You see that the country does not change so much if there is only a change
of government
in the realm of normal function of democracy.
The support of conserative government in Nicaragua was much less than
wished.

CONTUING READING DELEUZE

Therefore Deleuze stated that the reading of the "Anti-Oedipe" is without
academic education a lot easier and more fruitful to read  in sense of
simple application and liberating thinking than
with acadmic background.
I have an introduction to Deleuze,
where the author compares Deleuze's writings with computer languages.
There Deleuze plays the role of a higher language like C, Pascal or Fortran
- refering short to known standard interpretations automatical compiled to
assembler, the  machine  language.
 The academic has to compile to assembler himself,
the language read by the processor and even changing with it.
This is very laborious and you have to go back to the original
texts and problems, which are in case of Deleuze coming from Plato
through the middle ages and including
such unknown authors as Peguy - for the theory of repetition for example .
Also his other writings - logique of sense for example refers to logique of
the stoa and Lewis Caroll-
and so on.

Deleuze declared in "difference et repetition" to try some sort of
philosophy of "difference".
The original essay on "difference" he refered to  by Heidegger is a little
bit short
and  using at a high degree the metaphorical  dimension of language,
including the field of associations of words.
For the theory of strates the name of Nicolai Hartmann, a famous collegue of
Heideggger
in his time at Marburg, is not even mentioned by Deleuze, though he is
the philosophical father of
this conception.
Of course if you look at the originals   you affirm not always the Deleuzian
view of the texts and the problems.
And the neurological background given here is almost
completely lacking.
Also the references to the existential aspects, normally associated with the
name of Heidegger,  are more than rare.

So far,

greetings Harald Wenk