[D-G] Deleuze as aesthetician of lines?

Mark Crosby Crosby_M at rocketmail.com
Thu Mar 31 14:50:56 PST 2005

--- Liza Kozner <liza_kozner at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> ____________________ > fishing lines?
  I'm hooked..
> do you know if Foucault talked about Deleuze?
  Yes (see Preface to Anti-Oedipus ;)
> What is a typicall inflood/invloed van Deleuze in
F.?
  Dont know but

Deleuze says: "There again I find the primacy of
desire, since desire is precisely in the lines of
flight, conjugation and dissociation of flux. It
merges with them. It seems to me then that Michel
encounters a problem which hasn't at all the same
status for me. For if the systems of power are in some
way constitutive, the only thing that can go against
them are phenomena of 'resistance', and the question
bears on the status of these phenomena. In effect they
themselves would not be anti-repressive or ideological
either" (from "Desire and Pleasure", translated by
Melissa McMahon at
http://www.arts.monash.edu.au/visarts/globe/issues/delfou.html
)

And, at
http://fictionsofdeleuzeandguattari.blogspot.com/2005/03/fictions-of-deleuze-and-guattaria.html
you may find more "lines which cut, forlorn stacks of
adjectives forcing the weepdown rake" -- maybe MF
would have screamed with pleasure? - Mark