[D-G] find the d&g in this

a03jamga at student.his.se a03jamga at student.his.se
Tue Mar 8 04:54:44 PST 2005

Hm, yes, old fashioned scientific. Classical mechanics was almost curse word
where I got my B.A. Anyhow, I understand where your point and I won't bother
going into some quantum-jabber about other neurological possibilities.

She *can* associate the music with taste afterwards, but it can also happen at
the same time. If she has an abnormal neurology (more than just being a
clinical synaesthete) she might even experience the taste before the music.
Clinical anaesthesia requires that the senses be connected or bypassed in some
peculiar and regular way, or that the barriers between them break down in a
regular way.

I'm sure if you removed the audial lobes in her brain and her ears then she
wouldn't be able to taste the music...or if she did taste something while music
 was playing it certainly wouldn't be music, or?

I find it more interesting, however, to compare this to what is considered
normal functioning of the brain and demonstrate how "the normal" is abnormal.

Regards,
James Garrabrant