[D-G] Archives

sid littlefield falsedeity at lycos.com
Tue Mar 1 17:49:13 PST 2005

First, let me admot that your writing style is difficult and so if I am just talking past you (as though so one else entirely) I apologize.

The experience of the event proper (one might say the Event) strikes me as intensely personal in its very impersonal quality. It is a singularity, appearing in a specific time and space. If we are lucky then the event is stretched over a larger amount of space and time, but this must be seen as rare and limited.

I assume that the question on cinema is a way of asking about the repetition of the event; cinema's ability to replicate the event. I think that cinema can be an event but I do not see how it can replicate or maintain an event.

To replicate an event seems to be like trying to explain a joke or tell someone about a dream you had. Either way our interest fades with every word.

I am interested in hearing more on the connection between the event and archive. please speak to this.

sid