[D-G] Plane of Reference

Lucy LeGentilSinge lucy100millionyearsold at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 13:53:41 PST 2005

Oh Chris,
it's great if you can help us: in my truck with Lucy
we're reading WIP? in French (Français), and we were
wondering if Plane of Reference had been read by some
of D-G listers.
I don't reckon many discussions conforted by reader's
personal re/actions to the book, have been constructed
either on list or elswhere yet, relating to Science,
and Deleuze's relation to Science, especially as
exposed in "Functive and Concepts" part of WIP?

It's more like: what have been Scientific's approaches
in relation to ideas developped by WIP? Do you have
links, or referent books, but rather, does the book
itself suggests to you a way to approach scientific
constructions in a positive way, that you could talk
about here, yourself Chris or other here? That would
be more interesting than discussing Nietzsche as
usual. Don't you find by the way that the identity
Nietzsche, Spinoza and DG is becoming paradigmatic
rather than Syntagmatic, to pinacle the use of the
word: Deleuze seems to suggest that Philosophy as he
understood it with Guattari, was Syntagmatic, and
called for a truth of the relative, le plan est
feuilleté , ie.The plane of Immanence is
"Interleaved", and later on page 50 British edition.
That Science was like André Breton's vase
communiquants, that it's constructed by variables and
that Philosophy is rather Syntagmatic, because the
variations are consistent with the development of
Infinite movement, and that Science was bifurcations,
made by cuts, and that Scientifics needed perceptions
and affections of cuts. It's very messy a descritption
and the best communication would eshew from each one's
reading the book.

But I am also reading Stengers and Shlanger "Les
concepts Scientifiques". Stengers also knows Deleuze
very well. She is doing a constructivism now since a
long time it seems . With Prygogyne. Are these themes
interesting for you. ? I was interested by Harald's
ideas because he said he was a Scientific. Lucy is a
Scientist too you know. I am learning from him but I
was hoping to learn from others. But no one answers
yet. The Scientists: are they interested by Deleuze?
Are they superficially so, or enthusiastically, and
how can we learn from their enthusisam, and have clues
for our own enthusisasm for DG?

We have to take the truck to an other spot. I am
waiting Lucy who is loading oil in a tank. We make
provision so we don't have to stop and can relax in
the rear of the truck. Someone reads WIP?, the other
is driving. There's some "bouchons", the road, with
it's traffic  is not fluid, it's allosteric would say
Jacques Monod "Hazard and Necessity", page 130 WIP?
British Edition. We are expected in Nice at Night.
Meanwhile,
Cheers

Liza

deleuze-guattari-driftline.org-bounces at lists.driftline.org