[D-G] zinfandel

james spatium at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 14:52:53 PST 2005

Chris

I have been waiting with baited breath for an explanation as to why
you think interpretation is the required process as opposed to
experimentation, despite D&G's words to the contrary.  You have
tempted me with the following:

"To be gross abt it, I think the distinction has to do with the difference
between two acts of interpretation: sorting out 'actual' differences through
forming royal analogies by noticing similarities that differ and empirical
veridity or the virtual differences held together by common analogies,
things that sample a common, measurable property."

...but I would really like to hear more.  For instance, I don't
understand how one could maintain a "virtual difference" while
subjecting it to measure.

As you said previously, the statement "there is nothing to interpret"
requires our attention.  Can you help me understand why you insist on
interpretation?

james