[D-G] Celebrity Deathmatch: D&G vs Badiou

james spatium at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 13:24:49 PST 2005

Has the Badiou-Deleuze comparison died out?  In any case, I wanted to
ask: has anyone noticed that Badiou's event seems similar to Deleuze
and Guattari's "point of subjectification" mentioned, for instance, on
page 127 of ATP?  It leads to the negative deterritorialization of a
postsignifying semiotic.  Could one say that both Badiou and D&G are
formulating the revolutionary potential of absolute
deterritorialization, Badiou=negative D&G=positive?  Or is that
pushing it too far?