[D-G] explain please

James Depew spatium at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 04:57:22 PST 2004

So this is the second deleuze-guattari list that I have joined just in
time to see it fall apart?  Not enough for a pattern...not yet at
least.  Does anyone have a point?  I have had poems sent to my inbox,
which are interesting and could stimulate discussion; I have had some
incoherent free-association pass my way, which also could be
interesting; besides that, mostly banter, oh, and someone asking for
etexts.  Do I have this straight?  People are criticizing someone for
asking for texts?  Under the pretext that it is some sort of
hierarchically driven authority loving captialist request?  What????
Am I missing something?  (quite possible since I have only just
arrived)  Is it: promote creative conceptualisation but let's not read
the books that inspired that idea because they have come to represent
the functioning of an overcoding regime?  Those of you criticizing:
you have read Deleuze and Guattari, right?  Or did the ideas manifest
in your head spontaneously?
Now that would be intersting...

foris